My GameBoy Advance project!

I’m finally done with my GameBoy Advance project! I feel so incredible happy that it was a success. I put a GBA SP 001 screen inside an original GBA, might not be the most impressive thing ever and the screen is still a bit dark, but I did it all by myself and I’m proud. =)

Here is what it looked like when I got it, full of sticker and all a bit nasty. I got rid of the stickers and cleaned it up a bit and it looked much better.

Sadly I didn’t document this project, I sort of forgot since I got the part I needed to start the project today so I did just that. Started the project without thinking about doing some documentation, so I’m a bit sad about that. But hey, at least I have something to show. So here it is, with a brand new spanking housing. In a much, much better color in my opinion.

The first two pictures is how much the screen is lit up, if you have an original GBA you’ll know this is actually much, much brighter. The last two pictures are taking with my flash on the camera, I wish the screen was as bright as the last photo turned out to be. But I’m still pleased and it was fun to do, I’m glad everything went well and everything seems to work like it did before. I’m still going to try and get a GBA SP 101 later, but I won’t be modding that one, it will be strictly used for playing on.