So here we are, November and almost at the end of 2014. Man this year has really flown by, I hardly noticed where the time went. Oh, well talking about how this year has gone will have to wait until next month. So I have a whole lot of work in front of me in November, I’m going to travel and hold a two day course about my job in Malmö. I’ve never done it away from home, so it’s both incredible freighting and somewhat exciting. The day after that I have a meeting in Malmö and then the week after that I’m going go on a two day course myself. And then there are a couple of smaller things. So yeah, I’m booked for almost two weeks. But like I said its nice and I like doing this, I’m just a bit terrified about the traveling. I’m not to fond of that since I’ll be going alone, even if Malmö is pretty close.
In 9 days I’ll finally be playing Tales of Hearts R on PlayStation TV! I’m really looking forward to that! TOHR will most likely be my last JRPG for this year, then I will have to try and get started with The Last of Us Remastered. Sure I played the original on PS3, but I want to play it again and see how much “better” the PS4-version is. I also want to play the new Tomb Raider again, finally got a hold of the Definite Edition so gotta get through that too.
Next year will be a crazy year for gaming, Final Fantasy Type-0, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Tales of Zestiria, Batman Arkham Knight and many more! My gawd!
I finished the second season of The Walking Dead game, pretty good. The first season was a bit better, but this was good too. I also beat The Legend of Korra game, I’m not so sure what I think of that… I liked parts of it, others not so much. I wish it was more polished, had a bit more variety to it. If you like Korra and Platinum Games, sure give it a try. But perhaps buy it when it’s discounted. I know there was something else I really wanted to write about, but for the life of me I can’t remember what. Hm… So I guess I’ll leave it at that today. Thinking a bit about doing a third YazTalks, just have to find a subject to talk about and I would like to make it better. Just wish I had the time for all the stuff I want to do.
Tags: Games, PS3, PS4, Tales of Hearts R, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Work
While Nintendo got its whole own post, I thought I would make just one with both Sony and Microsoft. Why? Well, Microsoft didn’t have many games that interested me and sadly it was mostly the same for Sony. I’m not saying the companies didn’t have any interesting games, not at all. Just that they didn’t spark much interest in me and those that I did have interest in I’ve mentioned before somewhere, like The Last of Us Remastered and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain to give a few examples.
There was a few titles that really caught my eye, but some of them have been announced before. Like I mentioned earlier TLOUR and MGSV:TPP, so I won’t really count them here. But there where a few others that really made me happy.
Batman Arkham Knight
Sure, we have gotten videos of this before. But this was the first gameplay we got from the game. And it is huge! And it was so fluid, I like the other Arkham games and I am really looking forward to this one.
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
OMG! This was one of the biggest surprises for me on this E3, I didn’t think they would show anything from the newest Uncharted. But they at least gave us this teaser and damn! I want this game now! 2015 is going to be one hell of a gaming year, goddamn!
I’m sorry to say that from what I saw from Microsoft there was only a few things that really interested me. But there was something at least and here they are!
Dead Rising 3 – Character add-on DLC
Having four-player co-op in this game looks to be fun as hell! Dead Rising 2 was fun with just one friend, but now you can add two more to the fun. Hell yeah!
I like Platinum Games and I’ve enjoyed the games they have released so far. So this trailer had me wanting more! I want to see more, I want to know exactly what kind of game this is.
Tags: Batman, Dead Rising, E3, Microsoft, PS4, Sony, The Last of Us, Xbox
And here we are, just a little more than a day away from a new year. Damn, this year went by really fast and so much has happened. Thankfully not so many bad things this year, for once it has been a pretty decent year actually. So I’m glad about that. I was able to get the PlayStation 4 so that made me really happy too, I’ve finished 29 games this year. Might not seem like a lot, but since I’ve been so busy so it wasn’t more. But I’ve enjoyed all these game tremendously, they’ve all been worth my time. Well almost all of them.
I’m really looking forward to what games 2014 will bring, hopefully it will be a great gaming year. I’m not going to do a game of the year thing this year. I’ve played so many good titles that I have a hard time choosing one that was better than all the rest, that’s really hard. So it’s better too not do it, but if I just should pick two games that have been incredible this year I’ll go with Tales of Xillia and The Last of Us. Tales of Xillia lived up to all I wanted it to be and was a great adventure, while TLOF was a big surprise! I didn’t think I’d like it as much as I did.
I won’t be celebrating new years with anyone this year, I just wish to be alone. Take it easy, new years is nothing special to me. I can do without the fireworks and all the drunkards. So I’ll probably watch a movie or continue to play Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD as I am right now. I really want to finish that game before Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX is out, I want to finish it now so I can concentrate on other games too. Plus I’m secretly hoping I can finish the game before tomorrow midnight so I can have 30 games cleared. =)
If I don’t post anything tomorrow I wish you all a happy new year!
I am a little late to the party, but I finished The Last of Us today. I enjoyed it very much, it was fun and a bit scary/creepy.
The parts in the game without any enemies are pretty creepy. Since it is so quiet, you get pretty tense.
And those damn clickers… Before playing this game I was wondering why people hated them. But yeah, damn fuckers.
I like both Joel and Ellie as characters and their whole adventure is great. I am not going to be talking more about the game, since I think you should play the game yourself.
So far its my favorite game of the year, a great experience. Like a really great movie. And now I am looking forward to Taled of Xillia, not long until it’s released.
Posted with WordPress for Android
Tags: Games, Horror, Naughty Dog, PS3, The Last of Us
And so it’s time for my games I’m looking forward to list again! This time its for the known games of 2012 that I’ll be writing about. But of course, it the world now ends in a few days who cares about stuff like this!?! Well there are quite a few games next year that I am looking forward to and these are only games that are confirmed to be released next year. I’m sure I could expand this list otherwise, but for now some of my most anticipated games for 2013 will have to do. The games are in no special order, I wrote them down in the order I remembered them. But of course some games are more anticipated than others.
Tales of Xillia
– Well, since I’ve made a couple of threads about this game before. I think I’ve said everything I wanted to say. Now give me the game!! =)
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch:
– Hehe, guess I’ve talked a bit about this title too. Really looking forward to see how Level 5’s game will play, I will not touch the demo that releases on the US PSN later tonight or the EU demo who releases tomorrow. I want a whole fresh experience.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
– I am not a Metal Gear fan, not in the slightest. I have enjoyed some of the games, but not so much as I could call myself a fan. Well, not anymore at least! But I’m interested in Rising mainly because of what I’ve seen so far looks kickass and fun to play. And then again it’s made by Platinum Games and even if you don’t like their games, they do know how to make ass kicking games! I will try the demo that comes out later this month on PSN and from that we’ll see if this game still interests me.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
– While I was disappointed by the original game, I still loved the story. And the game in itself had potential, that’s why I am looking forward to LoS2. I hope this game will have more environments that gives me the feel of a Castlevania game. Either way, there are a bunch of reasons too why I am looking forward to this game. It might change after I see a gameplay trailer, who knows?
But for know, I want this game. I really hope it turns out great, or at least good.
– BANG! BANG! BANG! PEW! PEW! I just love Deadpool, I read up on some of the comic a while back. And I am very hyped for this game, made by the people who gave us Transformers War of Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron. Which in my opinion are pretty okay games. So I can’t wait to see how they will treat old Deadpool here. Hopefully it will be awesome and full of fourth wall breaking jokes.
– I’m not a fan of the Tomb Raider series, not that they are bad or whatnot. It’s just that I’ve never fallen for them, but this whole new reboot is really speaking too me. Everything I’ve seen so far looks really nice! And I just love Lara’s new design, she looks really good. The game looks like it will follow more in Uncharted’s style, which might be a bit ironic since Uncharted might have been influenced by Tomb Raider from the beginning. Ah, well. Full circle an all that. Either way, this game is on my radar. Sooner or later I will play it. I really like the dark gritty feeling this game has and it feels a bit scary at time.
The Last of Us
– Holy shit! I was about to forget this title! How the hell could I!?! Since Uncharted 3 was a disappointment to me and I loved Uncharted 2 a whole lot, I’m very interested in what the Uncharted 2 team has been working on. A different kind of zombie/survival horror game, that seems like it really can creep up to ya! I try to keep away from all new info on the game, since I want to know as little as possible about this game.
Those are all the games, I can come up with right now. But those are probably some of my most anticipated games for 2013. So I hope they’ll turn out good.
Tags: Castlevania, Deadpool, Games, Lists, Longing, Metal Gear Rising, Sly Cooper, The Last of Us
I thought it was time for another post about which games I’m currently looking forward too. There is a few this year and who knows? The list might grow even more after E3, we’ll just have to wait and see about that.
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Being the sequel to one of my favorite games of 2010 and a sequel to the best Transformers game out there, getting Fall of Cybertron is a no brainer for me. With added melee attacks and added Grimlock. This game is looking pretty goddamn sweet. And the addition of the other Dinobots and Combiners in the form of Bruticus, this game is likely to be much better than War for Cybertron.
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
This game has been out for a while in the US, but for us in Europe we will soon get it. And I’ve been interested in the game, I like it’s style. So I am gonna give this game a chance.
2010 was a great year for games IMO and Darksiders was one of the best of the year. It was mix of God of War and Zelda and I loved it and Darksiders II is going to be bigger and have more stuff. And you’ll be playing as Death this time, for those of you who don’t know Darksiders are about the Four horsemen of Apocalypse. And the first game stared War. I hope DSII will continue in that Zelda style, in August we’ll know if it was worth the wait for the game.
Epic Mickey The Power of Two
I never got a chance to play the first game, but I was always interested in it. But it seems like a lot of people hated the game sadly, but know the sequel will be released just about all platforms. They are adding voice overs to the game, the game will include musical segments just like old Disney cartoons. So I am interested, this will be the game I’ll take a chance on this year, hope it’s not money thrown out the window.
The Last of Us
From the team that gave us Uncharted 2! It looks like it will be an great “zombie” game. The environments in the game looks somewhat beautiful and creepy. I have faith in what that team does and I am hoping they’ll be able to give me a scare or two…
This game just looks insane and sounds insane too, if you should judge the trailers. I am fascinated, it has a bit of my humor in the game. And it looks like it could be fun, we’ll see when it’s cheap.